Get the facts
There are a several things to keep in mind when deciding what to insure for your move. There are clear, pre-set guidelines, which will help you choose and make you aware of your options. Please always remember that the official Bill of Lading will be followed in any discrepancy relating to your move.
Minimum Liability Coverage
The Standard Movers’ Minimum Liability Coverage automatically covers $.60 per pound per lost or damaged articles as an absolute standard, which is your legal right at no additional fee. If you wish to store some items, the cost to do so would be $.60 per pound for as long as your items remain in storage. Please note that moving items out of storage counts as a separate move.
Extended Insurance (Valuation) Coverage
If you would like additional coverage then you can purchase our plan at $5 per $1,000 for intrastate moves and $13 per $1,000 for interstate moves. This involves a $500 deductible and a $10,000 minimum. . If you wish to store some items, the cost to do so would be $3 per $1,000 of your insured amount each month. Please note that moving items out of storage counts as a separate move.
Extended Insurance Rights
Any inventory damaged beyond repair or lost in transit will be replaced at the same value. If any article is partly damaged and qualifies for some compensation, then you will be reimbursed for the cost to repair the item or to purchase a similar one—whichever option amounts to less.
Special Insurance for Higher Valued Items
- Items that exceed $100 per pound
- These specialty items must be listed in the inventory for full coverage
- Items not listed prior to the move will not be fully compensated in the event of damage or loss
Exceptions to Coverage
- Loss or damage to perishable items, jeweler and gems, coins, any paper products or photos and any weapon-related items
- Damage to fragile items not packed by the moving company
- Any internal damage to electrical or mechanical items that were not physically damaged in the move
- Damage or loss to only part of a set or pair of items
- Loss of computer data
Please note: Rates are subject to change